Head of Department – Mr. Zakhele Gamedze
Corporate Services provide high level administrative, strategic planning and operational support, research and advice, to senior management on administrative matter such as staff management, financial planning, facilities management and information services.
“The Corporate Services Manager is accountable for the development of a skilled and effective workforce that has the capability and capacity to deliver high quality services in line with the Municipal vision, values and Strategic objectives. In addition, the CSM is responsible for the provision of highly specialised guidance and advice on complex HR matters ensuring all activity is supported by robust policies and procedures and undertaken in a positive and friendly culture which is core to the Municipal’s signature behaviours” – Mr. Zakhele Gamedze
Recruitment and Selection
Recruitment is defined as the process of identifying and making potential candidates apply for posts. After this process, selection of the appropriate candidates for the vacant position.
Most administrative assistant duties revolve around managing and distributing within an office. This generally including attending phone calls, taking memos and maintaining files. Administrative assistants may also be in charge of sending and receiving correspondence, as well as greeting clients.
Training and Development
Training and development is a sub-system of an organisation which emphasizes on the improvement of individuals and groups. Training is an educational process which involves the sharpening of skills, concepts, changing of attitude and acquiring more knowledge to enhance the performance of employees.
A payroll is a company’s list of all employees, but the term is commonly used to refer the total amount of money a company pays to its employees, a company’s record of the employee wages and salaries, bonuses, and withheld taxes. The company’s department that handles all these is referred to as the Payroll.
Performance management is the systematic approach to measure the performance of employees. It is a process through which the municipality aligns its mission, goals and objectives with the available resources and system thus able to set priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Management
- ensure successful day-to-day operation of the Consulate General’s Office
- Continuously review business processes to identify new ways of working and delivering a more effective, efficient and professional operation.
- Direct line management of a team of four and countersigning for the Estates Manager.
- Business continuity and crisis management resources, including routine tests of equipment and contacts networks.
- Project management support for a major office refurbishment and co-location project.
- Oversee and implement HR policies, including terms and conditions of service and compliance with local labour law.
- Provide guidance on sensitive staff matters for both diplomatic and locally employee staff, including management issues and dispute resolution.
- Ensure good morale in the office and engagement from staff at all levels.